Covid-19 : Safety measures in our clinic
COVID – 19 Update
19th March 2020
To our valued clients, thank you for working with us to minimise the spread of COVID-19. We are still open, and aim to continue to provide outstanding care for you and your pets. We have implemented several measures at the clinic to ensure the wellbeing of our staff and clients:
- Hygiene has always been of utmost importance to us, but we can assure you that we are taking increased measures to ensure the clinic is regularly disinfected to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
- Visits are strictly by appointment only. Please do not turn up without an appointment, instead phone ahead on 01-2889641. We will be spacing out appointments more than usual to reduce the flow of people through the clinic. Please be patient with us and understand that we might not be able to accommodate the exact time you require
- Pets should be brought by one healthy adult only. Vulnerable people or very young children should stay at home. In an attempt to practice social distancing we are trying to minimise the amount of people passing through the clinic.
- Please wait in your car and phone us when you arrive – we will call you in for your appointment when we are ready. In some situations it might be easier for you to stay in your car and for a nurse to take in and hold your animal whilst the vet examines it. We will discuss this with you if we feel it is appropriate
- Please use hand sanitisers before coming in and after leaving the clinic. If you would like to wash your hands, please let a member of staff know and we will direct you to the nearest hand washing station
- Please practice social distancing in the clinic, which means staying 1-2 metres away from another person. If you cough or sneeze, please do so into your elbow or into a tissue which should then be immediately disposed of.
- Please pay by contactless or card where possible. Please pro-actively put your card into the card machine to minimise handling by another person.
- If you need to order food or medication, please phone us 24 hours in advance to ensure we have enough in stock and can put it aside for you. This also means that when you collect it, the process with be smooth and quick, minimising contact time
- If you are unable to come in, whether you have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or are self isolating, please phone us to discuss your options. We will come up with a plan to ensure your pet gets the care they need
- Please be patient with our staff as we do our very best to accommodate you. We are all in this together, and this too shall pass. Stay safe, be well, be kind.
All the Staff at Blackrock Veterinary Clinic